Sunday, July 3, 2011

Lucy and David

Contrary to what people say on being full time mother, I personally feel that raising a child gives a total rich and fulfilling experience.

From the day I knew I was pregnant, I promised to myself that I will be a good mother to my boy and love him so much regardless of anything. I will be strong for my child and I want to dedicate my life to teach him the word of God so he can grow to be a man that gains favor in God eyes.

And now it’s been more than two years, my ‘used to be tiny baby’ boy has grown up a little to reach toddler years.

To be honest, looking back there are sooo… many times that I wasn’t been able to fulfill my own promises.

-              I got easily worked up and scold my boy often when he didn’t seem want to eat or follow my order to get to sleep and such.

-      There were also times when my emotion got the best of me when he was crying non stop asking me to hug him and I just ignore him totally, simply because I was trying to teach him to learn to sleep settle himself

-       Or when I raised my voice because I’m annoyed that he persisted on wanting to play with toys and watch tv when it is time to eat.


In fact, I am till now in continuous situation where I need to remind myself all the time that my boy is still very little and young, he needs more HUGS, LOVES and POSITIVE ENCOURAGEMENT rather than pushing him to strive, be more independent and growing big, strong and brave.

God helps me with His sufficient grace. Few days back I met with Jana and she reminded me that although I have made some mistakes in the past 2 years, I still have a LIFETIME of years to raise my boy in unconditional love, secure home environment whilst at the same time, nurturing good principles and values that are reflected thru my very own actions at home :) 

About the Author: Lucy and her family live in Indonesia where they are celebrating the birth of their baby girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment